Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Unlocked Cell Phone

I unlocked my cell phone today. It was easy, I called T-Mobile yesterday and they e-mailed me the unlock code today. This means I can travel overseas and still use my phone. All I have to do is change out the SIM card to a pre-paid one in whatever country I go to.

Am I planning on going anywhere? No. But if I did, I wouldn't be without my trusty telefono.

In other news, I tried hax0ring my way into a class for next semester and failed miserably. I set up a script to attempt to get into Homeland Security 330 every 30 seconds. I thought I was being clever, but they cut you off after 2000 attempts.

FAIL:
"You have made too many attempts to register this term. Contact your registrar for assistance."

That took about 8 hours or so. All told, I attempted to register 2133 times according to the guy I spoke with over the phone. "Mr. McLaughlin, you might want to make sure you don't have a virus on your computer. It appears you attempted to register for a class over 2000 times."

Heh, no, I don't have a virus...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha. The registration "virus" is hilarious.

As for the unlockery, good job. I took my unlocked Moto MPx220 with me to Europe a couple years ago and picked up a Vodafone NL sim for almost nothing.

I made all of two phone calls, but it was still cool to have it with me if I needed it. I mainly carried the smartphone for the mapping and train/subway software I installed on it before departure.