Thursday, June 12, 2008

Genuine Roughhouse 50

When I first bought the scooter, it was restricted to only 35 mph, and it didn't accelerate very well. For $70, I had it de-restricted, and now goes 45mph (50+ down a hill!) and gets there much quicker. I'm so happy with it.

Livin' like a damn Euro-commie-hippie.

So far I'm averaging right around 78mpg. It was actually less the first tank of gas, but I think that's because I was following the break-in procedure the dealer talked to me about (varying the throttle). I only have about 280 miles on it so far, so I wonder if it will "loosen up" after awhile. Some folks on BBSs have talked about how their acceleration, top end and gas mileage get slightly better after this happens.

Speed is just a state of mind..

So I was riding down my alley way tonight after work, and I had to go around a guy walking in the road. He caught up to me while I was locking my scoot up to the telephone pole outside my front door: "Man, you got it made there!" Me: "Yup."

"That thing must get 50mpg!"

{big grin} "80."

"Oh shit! I gotta get me one of them!"

{slapping the bed of my truck} "It's way better than driving this baby!"

[end scene]

I've had that conversation so many times these past couple weeks. Well, except for the truck-slapping part.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Your "scoot" eh? Already developing slang and nicknames!

Jonathan said...

I'm still tryin' to name it..