Friday, May 9, 2008

Finally..

After pulling about seven all-nighters (and promising each time never to do it again), the semester is finally over! [much applause, whistles and scattered catcalls]

So much relief, now I can work all summer and make money. What am I currently employed doing? I've titled my job thusly: Rug Jockey. Basically I roll up the rugs, clip them, hoist them onto my shoulder, climb up a ladder and hang them up. If someone wants to see a rug on the ground, I use two bamboo sticks to un-clip the rugs one clip at a time, doing the two on the outside last, deftly striking them at the same time to use gravity to bring the rug down in one fluid motion.

Worst part about the job: 29 miles round trip. 19mpg + 25 gal tank + $3.50 and up per gallon of 87 = $75 every two weeks. My solution?

Want.

The full monty on this thing here.

Conservatively, it would save me 60 bucks a week month in gas. I'd be paying it off for a little while; it's out the door price is around $2100. But check it: I don't need to get a special license for it, I don't need to put plates on it, I don't need insurance on it, and I don't need to pay taxes on it every year. How FREAKING awesome would that be?

Unfortunately my credit score is in the low 600s. I'm high risk because I've never had a credit card (no self trust). But I'm 28 now, damnit. I think I can get a credit card and not go on a wild shopping spree within 30 seconds of activating it (except for this scooter, but that doesn't count).

Plus, if I got really crazy (and rich), I could do this with it.

It's almost too much. Almost.

I just received my hush money stimulus package money last night, and I really want to do something anti-establishment with it. Wouldn't this be just perfect?

2 comments:

Nick said...

so where is it?

Jonathan said...

Working on it.. coming soon..